Tracey 41 dating buckley flintshire northwales uk dating2you ru
The 1st edition map depicts a watercourse or leat leading to the site from a large pond to the north of the brickworks site, suggesting that water power may have been used.
This pond was supplied from the Afon Dulas by a leat 3.4km long, and by the time of the 2nd edition map, published in 1904, the pond had been tripled in size. Pen-y-crug Brick and Tile Works adjoining Pen-y-crug hillfort was working around 1886.
A second small 'brickyard' is shown on maps from 1886 right up to the current editions.
Llandrindod brickworks is shown on the 1889 map but is 'disused' in 1904.
Harries’ Aqua-Terra-Cotta works was beside the River Rheidol on an area known as 'Aqua Terra'.
This is reported as a 'flooded brickworks' in 1904 and an advert in the 'Cambrian News' for 17th June 1910 offered a brickworks in Abersytwyth as a going concern.
The Cardigan Brick and Tile Co opened this brickworks in 1860 by Geoge Osborne.
By 1875 a new chimney stack and kiln had been built.
A brick kiln and clay pit is shown here on the 1905 OS map.